From a good idea to reality
Business Angels gather four times a year for pitch meetings. The start-ups pitch their business idea in the hope of attracting investors who will sponsor their idea.
How do you prepare to pitch?
There are typically five steps on the path to a perfect pitch
- Schedule an introductory meeting with Venture City’s business coach Jan Lindegaard.
Or send an email to: email@example.com
- At the meeting, we talk about what you need to do to get your business idea ready to pitch.
We may ask you to submit a presentation, outlining the basis for your business idea.
- Venture City’s board of directors decides which business ideas will be invited to pitch at the next meeting.
- You will then be assigned one or two mentors who will invite you to one or two meetings for pitch training.
- You pitch your business idea at a pitch meeting.
You have eight minutes for your pitch. Business Angels can ask questions after your presentation. After this, interested Business Angels will visit you at your own table to ask further questions or make suggestions.
About two weeks after you have presented your pitch, you may be invited to a meeting with interested Business Angels to discuss investment and collaboration opportunities. You may then enter into an agreement on investment.
Venture City also gives donations to start-ups. Donations are typically between DKK 10,000 and 25,000 and can be used to realise a business idea, e.g. for manufacturing or testing a prototype. If people are interested in purchasing your pro¬duct, they may have suggestions for product improvements.
KarmaKapital should be considered a pat on the back, reward¬ing your initiative and drive. And there are no strings attached. KarmaKapital is awarded by Venture City’s board of directors.